2012/06/18

iOS display recorder - for quick iOS tutorials

I have just learned of the availability of a cool app for screen capture on iOS without needing to jail break anymore and have quickly tried it out to see if it could be useful for creating small videos for tutorials etc on iOS devices and it works nicely.

(I'm also trying to embed a video to demonstrate it in a blog press blog post from the phone for the first time so this may not display anything:)-

YouTube Video

What do you think? It could make writing up app reviews so much easier and more dynamic as well as allowing lecturers to display "slides" using the Keynote app for instance and annotate them very simply - this could be a huge usability improvement for teaching and learning use.

I'm excited :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my phone

4 comments:

  1. Ah, YouTube needs to process the video - otherwise it looks like it might work ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks - when I trimmed the end in iMovie, I managed to get the audio out of sync with the video. That's my fault, not the screen capture app.
    If you want to see another review of the app and a link to it on the app store, see here http://t.co/LTn8nlow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn. Just tried another test using Keynote app and the screen recording fails. I will have to try again with the screen capture setting rather than the direct record and hope that works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The screen capture method in the app worked fine capturing a keynote presentation. I have added an example video of that type to my YouTube videos but it's not worth a new blog post, and I can't add it as another video in the blogging app without the app uploading a new copy to YouTube, so if you are interested, it's an exercise for the reader to find the video yourself :)

    ReplyDelete