2009/10/02

Fun learning


Since being shown it, I've been pondering the educational benefits of this game for teaching physics, logical problem solving, maybe even team working if a group worked on solutions together:

Possible uses could be:

  • to introduce the concepts in Physics such as momentum, levers, conservation of momentum etc.
  • Approaches to problem solving
  • Team working (eg have a team split into roles, where one group analyses the problem and produces a concept for a solution, another group has to take that concept and design a particular implementation, and another group is tasked with taking that design and actually creating it in the game - the same or another group then feeds back on the out come to the first group who repeat the process until solved)

I particularly like the last idea - which might also work for team building events, not just teaching students :-)

Regardless, its a very fun game, especially in the iPhone version I treated myself to :-)

Note: I'm just adding a few items to this publicly visible blog that I have previously posted on an internally UoP visible only blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment