2010/04/24

Response from @lindagilroy re:#debill #deact

I've still not written up my notes from the meeting last weekend with Mrs Gilroy, but I have just received the following email which includes at least taking note of one of the specific issues I raised in that meeting, the problem of benchmarking the success of the act in reducing copyright infringement since the figures used for existing levels are based on poor evidence and are more propaganda than seriously useful.

So, at least one of the issues may get a more specific reply at some stage.

Anyhow, below is the email and we'll have to see what happens on May 6th I suppose to see what happens next:

=======
Thanks for coming to meet with me last Sunday.

Luke kept a note of the concerns we discussed and I have kept this for future reference. Should I continue to be the elector's choice on the 6 May I will keep in touch with you about the processes which flow, or may flow, from this Act.

I have asked the Secretary of State to comment on the point raised by Nick on the base line for measuring progress on reducing illegal copyright infringement. I will contact you when I have his reply.

Do copy me into any representations you make on the consultation about the notification process in reducing copyright infringement.

Best wishes



Linda Gilroy
Labour & Cooperative Candidate for Plymouth Sutton & Devonport

Website:www.lindagilroy.org.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/lindagilroy
Facebook: www.facebook.com/lindagilroy
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LindaGilroyPlymouth

Promoted by J. Furzeman on behalf of Linda Gilroy, both at 21 Durnford Street, Plymouth, PL1 3QF
======

-- Posted from my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment