2010/04/12

VLE / PLE / undead presentation

I hadn't realised this video had been put online until yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiv8FWg7KMc

From the VLE is undead presentation before Christmas as a revisit to the VLE is dead debate from ALT-C 2009.

Reflecting on my presentation, it was clumsy (someone told me my presentation at ALT-C needed more passion so I tried not to over rehearse my arguments and analogies - but it needed more work), and I think I emphasise the analogy too much without explaining how it relates to the topic. It all seemed obvious to me at the time, but watching it again now I wonder if anyone can follow quite what I meant by the different points.

Anyhow, one lives and learns and I think the point that PLE/PTN are not new practices, just mediated and amplified with technology holds, and that the VLE is about efficiency and ecconomy and that there is a valid place for those aspirations in education facing funding pressures and learners who need their educational journey mediating by 'subject experts' to allow them to progress in a timely way.

Not wishing to re-visit the "is it dead" or VLE v PLE artificial division, but thought I'd link to the video at least for historical reference of my thinking at the time :)

-- Posted from my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment